The Wilder Companies is a Boston-based national retail real estate development, management and leasing firm specializing in the positioning of retail properties. The company has developed, managed and leased over 20 million square feet of retail property throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Our experience includes community centers, specialty centers, regional and super-regional malls, and urban properties. We have an opening starting in January for an on-site Marketing Manager to join the team at Arsenal Yards, a joint-venture project with Boylston Properties. Arsenal Yards is the hottest new neighborhood in Watertown, bordering Cambridge and Boston -- a more than 1M sf mixed-use development of retail, dining, entertainment, life science space, residential apartments, and a hotel. We are looking for a high-energy self-starter to take on the role of day-to-day marketing operations and community building at this incredible, newly-stabilized property. This role offers great growth opportunity in a dynamic company, the ability to work hand in hand every day with a true team of onsite professionals, and the opportunity to both learn from and impact a uniquely integrated digital and physical marketing program.
If you are a strong contributor, ready to participate in the realization of this exciting development project, please submit your resume to: email@example.com (No agencies please)
Typical Job Duties
- Event Coordination: • Lead and manage an inspired event calendar supporting the annual marketing plan, with the support of the greater AY Marketing team. • Planning & logistics: organize, coordinate, and implement all events. • Event Staffing: execute the onsite experience of all events, including but not limited to: setup, check in, customer service and assistance, vendor coordination, and more. Please note, events typically fall after standard work hours and occasionally on the weekend. • Community Support: act as the community liaison for events and programs that support organizations in the city, keeping Arsenal Yards relevant in the community. • Manage and track event budgets; research & secure event resources.
- Digital/Advertising/Social Media/Public Relations: • Develop, execute, and track digital advertising buys with the support of the greater AY Marketing team. • Be the point person for all social media platforms; generate content & photos via content calendar, executing posts, manage contests, manage social inboxes. • Lead and develop a local influencer strategy to support retailers, including coordinating at least two photoshoots with models per year. • Develop rapport with all retailers to understand promotional wants & needs, develop recommendations and communicate back to the greater AY Marketing team. • Manage the Arsenal Yards website including tenant pages, events calendar, news and updates, and careers. • Create and manage an email schedule and newsletter content to be distributed through our opted-in subscriber base. • Continually develop new strategies and ideas for increasing social and digital engagements. • Generate appropriate PR opportunities with local and national media, with the support of the greater AY Marketing team.
- Leasing • Support the Leasing team to ensure new tenants have marketing support upon lease execution. • Collaborate with Leasing team on any pop-up retail and temporary tenant opportunities to ensure their success at Arsenal Yards. • Support any additional income opportunities including but not limited to, onsite activations, signage, event sponsorships, etc.
- Communication - Liaison: • Initiate, develop and maintain communications with retailers, community groups, and the Arsenal Yards management team. • Coordinate production of marketing collateral including onsite signage and directories. • Assist in updating the center’s website; maintain retailer contact list; update email database.
- Life Science Community – Support: • Support monthly events for the life science community including; planning & execution, staffing & onsite coordination, managing promotion and RSVPs, in partnership with the greater Arsenal Yards Marketing team.
- Administration: • Assist in organizing and running an efficient management office; be a team player at all times. • Provide organizational team support including record keeping & documentation. • Manage the day-to-day of invoicing and tracking marketing expenses against the marketing budget. • Conduct marketing reforecasts as necessary to ensure all expenses are on track. • Manage the general Arsenal Yards inbox, coordinating with the necessary parties. • This role is an emergency response team member.
Onsite at Arsenal Yards in Watertown, MA
• 2-3+ years marketing experience or equivalent; Commercial Real Estate experience a plus. • Bachelor’s or equivalent degree preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication; customer service skills; interact with multiple stakeholders/constituents. • Flexible, manage changing needs; multiple task management; organizational skills. • Social media experience including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. • Digital based media and research conversant. • Intermediate to Advanced Word, Excel & Power Point skills.